1 cup whole Finger Millet (Ragi)
1/2 cup black sesame seeds
1/2 cup peanuts
1/2 cup cashews
3/4 cup jaggery powder
2 cloves of cardamom
1-2 table spoons of Ghee
1/4 cup coconut (optional)
- Grind the whole ragi in the mixie to a fine powder
- In a large pan, add 1 spoon of ghee and roast the ragi in low-med flame till aroma comes. Then transfer to the large jar mixie
- Dry roast the groundnuts & cashews & add to the mixie. (you may choose to remove the skin or leave it)
- Dry roast sesame seeds till it splutters & add to the mixie.
- Dry roast coconut and add to the mixie.
- Powder and add the cardamoms.
- Now while the contents are still warm, add the jaggery powder directly in the mixie
- Grind the mixture in pulse mode until the mixture is sticky enough to make shapes. You can add 1-2 spoons of ghee while grinding if the mixture is too dry to form shapes.
- Now use any mold to create bite size laddoos or use your hand to make small balls.
- Store in a dry, cool place for 10 days.
- Good source of fiber, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B etc.
- Has anti-aging properties, boosts skin health, boosts digestion & more
- Take the ladoos in moderation in summer as sesame generates heat in the body (ideal for winter)
- One may add more healthy ingredients like Flax Seeds, Chia seeds, Dates, Almonds, Pistachio etc.