Little Millet Idly by Savitha Vijay
Simple but delicious alternative to usual rice Idly!
- Vayal Foods Hulled Little Millet - 2 cups
- Urad dal - 1/2 cup
- Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Soak the Little Millet, Urad dal and Fenugreek seeds for 6 hours.
- Grind all ingredients and ferment the batter for 8 hours.
- Pour the batter on Idly mould and steam cook it for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot the yummy Idly with Sambar / Chutney / Vayal Foods Idly Podi.
- Little Millet is fibrous millet, next to Barnyard Millet.
- Good source of antioxidants
- Little millets are loaded with magnesium that helps in heart health and Vitamin B3 that helps to lower cholesterol.