Back to: Traditional Rice
Kattuyanam Rice (2 lbs)
Kattuyanam Rice is a popular rice variety in South India. It is an natural red rice variety that is unpolished and helps to improve heart health by lowering bad cholesterol. It can be used to make a variety of breakfasts. Kattuyanam rice is simple to prepare as idly, dosa, or porridge, and it can help us improve our health by eating this organic product.
- Vitamin B-Source: Kattu Yanam rice promotes the health of the cells and nerves. It is responsible for the production of DNA, the genetic material of cells, as well as the prevention of folic acid and vitamin B12 deficiency anaemia.
- Fibre-Rich: It has been shown to prevent or mitigate constipation. It also contains both soluble and insoluble fibre.
- Kattu Yanam aids in the digestion and utilisation of amino acids. It helps with many bodily functions such as glucose, cholesterol, and carbohydrates. It is essential for bone formation and bone clotting.
- Delay Skin ageing: The presence of anthocyanins in kattu yanam ended up causing wrinkles, freckles, pigmentation, and other signs of ageing.
- Kattu Yanam, rich in iron, is an essential component of haemoglobin, which helps in the formation of red blood cells, which transfer oxygen from the lungs to other parts of the body