- Made from a sweet drink called Palm/ panam pathaneer.This is extracted from the flower of palmera tree (panai maram).This is a kind of rock sugar.
- Lump sugar is made by tapping the sap from the inflorescence of the palm tree.
- Boiling it and until it becomes a syrup, then allowing to solidify.And finally made into crystals of different shapes and in different sizes.
- Benefits of Palm Candy include
- Nutrient rich, Low Glycemic Crystalline Sweetener
Good source of Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12
- Rich in Iron
- Palm sugar is “thermogenic” that it takes more energy for the body to burn it. There by it increases metabolism.
Back to Natural Sweeteners